Updated on 1 January 2022
1. Parties and Purpose
LEPAGE GROUP S.A. (hereinafter “LEPAGE” or the “Controller“)
Rue de l’Aurore 2A, 6040 Jumet
CBE / VAT : BE 0668.491.732
Register of legal persons: Charleroi
Mail : email@example.com
Telephone: +32 71 28 57 00
The term “User” refers to any user, i.e. any natural or legal person, who visits or interacts in any way with the Site.
In this respect, LEPAGE determines all the technical, legal and organisational means and purposes of the processing of Users’ personal data. LEPAGE undertakes to this end to take all necessary measures to ensure that the processing of personal data complies with the Act of 30 July 2018 on the protection of natural persons with regard to the processing of personal data (hereinafter, “the Act“) and the European Regulation of 26 April 2016 on the protection of data of natural persons with regard to the processing of personal data and on the free movement of such data (hereinafter, “the Regulation“).
LEPAGE is free to choose any natural or legal person who processes the personal data of users at its request and on its behalf (hereinafter the “Processor“). Where applicable, LEPAGE undertakes to select a Processor offering sufficient guarantees as to the technical and organisational security measures for the processing of personal data, with regard to the Law and the Regulation.
2. Processing of personal data
The use of the Site by Users may result in the communication of personal data. The processing of such data by LEPAGE, in its capacity as Data Controller, or by service providers acting on behalf of and for the account of LEPAGE, shall be in accordance with the Law and the Regulation.
Personal data shall be processed by LEPAGE, in accordance with the purposes set out below, via
the contact form
3. Purpose of processing personal data
In accordance with Article 13 of the Regulation, the purposes of the processing of personal data are communicated to the User and are as follows
1. To ensure the execution of the services offered and agreed upon on the Site;
2. To ensure the control of the execution of the services offered;
3. To carry out marketing activities and promotional information with the prior consent of the User and until such consent is revoked, for example, sending promotions on the products and services of the Data Controller;
4. To answer the User’s questions;
5. To carry out statistics in order to improve the Website, the services offered and the internal organisation of its operation;
6. To improve the quality of the Website and the products and/or services offered by the Data Controller;
7. To enable better identification of the User’s interests.
4. Personal data that may be processed
1. Information provided by the User for contractual purposes and to enable the proper performance of mutual obligations, namely surname, first name, address, IBAN number and bank details, etc.; and more generally, any information voluntarily provided by the User;
2. Information from Users by filling in forms or by contacting by telephone, e-mail or other means, for example the name, address, e-mail address and telephone number of Users.
3. With respect to each User’s visit to the Site, the information automatically collected is
a)IP address, browser type and model, time zone, operating system;
b) All information concerning the pages that the User has consulted on the Site, in particular the URL, the time spent browsing, etc.
The User has the right to withdraw his consent at any time. See in this respect Article 8 of the Regulations.
6. Duration of retention of Users’ personal data
In accordance with Article 13 §2 of the Regulation and of the Law, the Data Controller shall keep personal data only for as long as is reasonably necessary for the purposes for which they are processed.
This period is in any case less than : 1 year
7. Recipients of data and disclosure to third parties
Personal data may be passed on to employees, collaborators, subcontractors or suppliers of LEPAGE who offer adequate data security guarantees and who collaborate with LEPAGE in the marketing of products or the provision of services. They act under the direct authority of LEPAGE, and are in particular responsible for collecting, processing or outsourcing such data.
In the event that the data is disclosed to third parties for direct marketing or canvassing purposes, the User shall be informed in advance so that he/she may express his/her consent to the use of such personal data.
8. Users’ rights
At any time, the User may exercise his rights by sending a message by e-mail to the following address: firstname.lastname@example.org, or a letter by post addressed, enclosing a copy of his/her identity card to the following address Rue de l’Aurore 2A, 6040 Jumet
a) Right of access
In accordance with Article 15 of the Regulation, LEPAGE guarantees the User the right of access to his personal data. The User has the right to obtain access to the said personal data as well as the following information
• the purposes of the processing ;
• the categories of personal data concerned;
• the recipients or categories of recipients to whom the personal data have been or will be disclosed, in particular recipients who are established in third countries or international organisations;
• where possible, the period for which the personal data are to be kept or, where this is not possible, the criteria used to determine that period
• the existence of automated decision-making, including profiling, as referred to in Article 22(1) and (4) of the Regulation, and, at least in such cases, relevant information concerning the underlying logic and the significance and intended consequences of such processing for the data subject
The Controller may require payment of a reasonable fee based on administrative costs for any additional copies requested by the User.
When the User makes such a request electronically (e.g. via the e-mail address), the information is provided in a commonly used electronic form, unless the User requests otherwise.
The User will be provided with a copy of his/her data within one month of receiving the request.
b) Right of rectification
LEPAGE guarantees the user the right to rectify and delete personal data.
In accordance with Article 16 of the Regulation, incorrect, inaccurate or irrelevant data can be corrected or deleted at any time. The user shall first make the necessary changes himself from his user/other account, unless such changes cannot be made independently, in which case a request can be made to LEPAGE.
In accordance with Article 19 of the Regulation, the Controller shall notify each recipient to whom personal data have been disclosed of any rectification of the personal data, unless such disclosure proves impossible or would require disproportionate efforts. The controller shall provide the data subject with information about such recipients on request.
c) Right to erasure
The User has the right to obtain the erasure of his/her personal data as soon as possible in the cases listed in Article 17 of the Regulation.
Where the Controller has made the personal data public and is required to erase them pursuant to the preceding paragraph, the Controller shall, taking into account the available technology and the costs of implementation, take reasonable steps, including technical steps, to inform the other controllers processing such personal data that the data subject has requested the erasure by such controllers of any link to, or any copy or reproduction of, such personal data.
The two preceding paragraphs shall not apply to the extent that such processing is necessary :
• to exercise the right to freedom of expression and information;
• to comply with a legal obligation which requires processing under Union law or the law of the Member State to which the controller is subject, or to carry out a task carried out in the public interest or in the exercise of official authority vested in the controller
• for the establishment, exercise or defence of legal claims.
In accordance with Article 19 of the Regulation, the controller shall notify each recipient to whom personal data have been disclosed of any erasure of personal data or restriction of processing, unless such disclosure proves impossible or would require disproportionate effort. The controller shall provide the data subject with information about such recipients on request.
d) Right to restrict processing
The User has the right to obtain the restriction of the processing of his/her personal data in the cases listed in Article 19 of the Regulation.
In accordance with Article 19 of the Regulation, the Controller shall notify each recipient to whom personal data have been disclosed of any restriction on processing, unless such disclosure proves impossible or would require disproportionate effort. The controller shall provide the data subject with information about such recipients on request.
e) Right to data portability
In accordance with Article 20 of the Regulation, Users have the right to receive from LEPAGE personal data concerning them in a structured, commonly used and machine-readable format. Users shall have the right to transmit such data to another controller without LEPAGE being prevented from doing so in the cases provided for in the Regulation.
Where the User exercises the right to data portability pursuant to the preceding paragraph, he/she has the right to have the personal data transmitted directly from one controller to another, where technically possible.
The exercise of the right to data portability is without prejudice to the right to erasure. This right shall not apply to processing necessary for the performance of a task carried out in the public interest or in the exercise of official authority vested in the controller.
The right to data portability shall not affect the rights and freedoms of third parties.
f) Right of objection and automated individual decision making
The User has the right to object to the processing of his personal data at any time on the basis of his particular circumstances, including the automation of data by LEPAGE. In accordance with Article 21 of the Regulation, LEPAGE shall no longer process personal data unless there are compelling legitimate grounds for the processing which override the interests and rights and freedoms of the User, or for the establishment, exercise or defence of legal claims.
Where personal data are processed for the purpose of marketing, the User shall have the right to object at any time to the processing of personal data concerning him or her for such marketing purposes, including profiling insofar as it is related to such marketing.
When the data subject objects to the processing for marketing purposes, the personal data shall no longer be processed for such purposes.
g) Right to complain
The User has the right to lodge a complaint regarding the processing of his personal data by LEPAGE with the Data Protection Authority, competent for the Belgian territory. Further information can be found on the website: https://www.autoriteprotectiondonnees.be.
Complaints can be submitted to the following addresses:
Data Protection Authority
Rue de la Presse 35, 1000 Brussels
Phone + 32 2 274 48 00
Fax: + 32 2 274 48 35
The User may also lodge a complaint with the court of first instance of his/her place of residence.
a. General principles
A “Cookie” is a file deposited temporarily or permanently on the User’s hard disk when consulting the Website, with a view to a subsequent connection. Thanks to cookies, the server recognises the User’s computer.
Cookies may also be installed by third parties with whom LEPAGE collaborates.
Some of the cookies used by LEPAGE are necessary for the proper functioning of the Website, others are used to improve the User’s experience.
The User may personalise or deactivate the cookies by setting his browser parameters.
By using the Website, the User expressly agrees with the management of cookies as described in this article.
b. Type of cookies and purposes pursued
Different types of cookies are used by LEPAGE on the Website:
– Essential cookies: these are necessary for the operation of the Website, allow the communication of data entered and are intended to facilitate the User’s navigation;
– Analytical and advertising cookies: these cookies enable the User to be recognised and are used to count the number of Users of the Website over a certain period. Since they also indicate browsing behaviour, they are an effective means of improving the User’s browsing experience by displaying proposals and offers likely to interest him. They also allow LEPAGE to identify possible bugs on the Website and to correct them.
– Functional cookies: these cookies facilitate the use of the Website by retaining certain choices made (for example, the user name or language);
c. Retention period of cookies
Cookies are kept for the time necessary to achieve the purpose for which they are intended. The cookies likely to be stored on the User’s hard disk and their retention period are as follows:________
d. Cookie management
If the User does not want the Website to place cookies on his/her hard drive, he/she can easily manage or delete them by modifying his/her browser settings. Browser programming also allows the User to receive a notice or notification when a Website is using cookies and to decide whether to accept or reject them.
If the User disables certain cookies, the User accepts that the Website may not function optimally. Some parts of the Website may not be usable, or may be partially usable.
If the User wishes to manage and/or delete certain cookies, he/she can do so by using the following link(s):
For Users with :
• Internet Explorer: http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-vista/block-or-allow-cookies
• Microsoft Edge: http://windows.microsoft.com/en-gb/windows-10/edge-privacy-faq
• Chrome: https://support.google.com/accounts/answer/61416?hl=fr
• Firefox: https://support.mozilla.org/fr/kb/activer-desactiver-cookies-preferences
• Safari: https://support.apple.com/kb/ph21411?locale=fr_CA
10. Limitation of liability of the data controller
The website may contain links to other websites owned by third parties not related to LEPAGE. LEPAGE is not responsible for the content of these websites and their compliance with the Act and the Regulations.
The holder of parental authority must give his express consent for the minor under the age of 16 to disclose personal information or data on the website. LEPAGE strongly advises persons exercising parental authority over minors to promote responsible and secure use of the Internet. The data controller cannot be held liable for collecting and processing personal information and data from minors under the age of 16 whose consent is not effectively covered by that of their legal parents or for incorrect data – in particular regarding age – entered by minors. Under no circumstances shall personal data be processed by the Data Controller if the User specifies that he is under 16 years of age.
LEPAGE is not responsible for the loss, corruption or theft of personal data caused by viruses or computer attacks.
The Data Controller implements organisational and technical measures to guarantee an appropriate level of security for the processing and collection of data. These security measures depend on the costs of implementation with regard to the nature, context and purposes of the processing of personal data.
The Data Controller uses industry standard encryption technologies when transferring or collecting data on the Site.
13. Applicable law and jurisdiction